Here’s a collection of some of our favorite resources and publications about nonprofit management, storytelling, organizational vitality, social justice, and other topics we care about.
- Strategic Planning for Nonprofit Organizations: A Practical Guide for Dynamic Times. Michael Allison & June Kaye (Wiley 2015).
- Creating the Accountable Organization: A Practical Guide to Improve Performance Execution. Mark Samuel (Xephor 2006).
- Nonprofit Sustainability: Making Strategic Decisions for Financial Viability. Jeanne Bell, Jan Masaoka & Steve Zimmerman (Jossey-Bass 2010).
- Foundation Center, a subscription-based online directory for foundation grant research.
- Donor-Centered Fundraising: How to Hold on to your Donors and Raise Much More Money. Penelope Burk. (Burk & Associates, Ltd. 2003).
- Nonprofit Fundraising 101. Darian Rodriguez Heyman. (Wiley 2016).
- Getting Funded: The Complete Guide to Writing Grant Proposals. Susan Howlett and Renee Bourque. (Continuing Education Press 2016).
- Chronicle of Philanthropy, a print and online publication reporting charitable giving news and trends.
- Blue Avocado: A Magazine of American Nonprofits. Great reporting on nonprofit leadership and board issues.
- Board Source. Nonprofit board resources and good governance guidelines.
- Nonprofit With Balls. Nonprofit-related humor and insight.
- Joan Garry Nonprofit Leadership. Practical tips and insight for nonprofit leaders.
- Managing to Change the World: The Nonprofit Manager's Guide to Getting Results. Allison Green, Jerry Hauser. (Jossey-Bass 2012).
- Nonprofit Management 101: A Complete and Practical Guide for Leaders and Professionals. Darian Rodriguez Heyman. (Jossey-Bass 2011).
- Donor-Centered Leadership: What it Takes to Build a High Performance Fundraising Team. Penelope Burk. (Cygnus Applied Research 2013).
- Stanford Social Innovation Review. Thought leadership and commentary on a range of social issues.